What are ISO 9001 standards for ink? How do you know that the quality and performance of that remanufactured inkjet cartridge you are about to buy is really as good as the more expensive name brand ink?
The process that ensures quality for remanufactured and compatible ink is known as ISO 9001. Most ink that meets these tough standards will actually have an ISO 9001 seal on the packaging, meaning that they have been manufactured under ISO 9001 standards.
While all of your top ink brands like Epson, Canon, HP ink, and Lexmark (genuine ink directly from the manufacturer is known as “OEM ink”) comply with these standards, you’ll want to make sure any generic ink cartridges that you buy comply as well.
The coupons for generic ink that we feature on this site (click for 4inkjets.com coupons or 123inkjets.com coupons) all comply with these quality standards.
History of ISO 9001 quality standards
In 1978, a Swiss organization known as the International Organization for Standards (ISO) created a set of quality standards, known as ISO 9000. This set of stringent quality standards are universally accepted and were created to ensure that a specific product or service will consistently meet their expectations every time.
ISO 9001 is a specific set of standards under the broader global standards (known as ISO 9000) that monitors the quality of design, development, and production. In this case, the ISO 9001 standards apply to compatible inkjets and remanufactured inkjets.
The ISO 9001 certification process
The process for obtaining ISO 9001 certification is a very rigorous process. With the end result guaranteeing that you, the customer, are getting a very high quality product. Some of the requirements in ISO 9001 (which is one of the standards in the ISO 9000 family) include:
- a set of procedures that cover all key processes in the compatible inkjet cartridge manufacturing process
- monitoring all manufacturing processes to ensure quality of inkjet cartridges
- checking inkjet cartridge for defects, with appropriate and corrective action where necessary
- regularly reviewing specific individual processes as well as the quality system itself for effectiveness
- facilitating continual improvement for inkjet manufacturing process
- New: Get 500 business cards for only $10 + shipping! – Vistaprint
In general, a company or organization that has been independently audited and certified to be in compliance with strict ISO 9001 standards may publicly state that it is “ISO 9001 certified” or “ISO 9001 registered”. (as seen on the side of many inkjet cartridges) Certification to an ISO 9001 standard certifies that formalized business processes are being applied for consistency.
- Do you have a small business? Consider backing up all of your files with Carbonite for Business. Get 10% off when you use a coupon or offer code for Carbonite Cloud backup here
Buy generic ink that is iso 9001 certified for quality
Some of the top names in generic, ISO 9001 certified name brand-compatible ink online are: 4inkjets, 123inkjets, and Clickinks.
Although the ISO 9001 standards originated in manufacturing, they are now employed across several other types of organizations. A “product”, in ISO vocabulary, can mean a physical object, (such as inkjet cartridges) services, or software. Learn more about ISO 9001.- Please Share!